Terms and Conditions
This Site is owned, operated and maintained by the Institute of Advanced Business Studies and has been created for your information, education and communication. Your access to and use of this Site is conditional upon your acceptance of and compliance with the terms and conditions contained in this document (“Terms and Conditions”). By accessing and browsing the Site you accept, without qualification or limitation, these Terms and Conditions.
Information will be sourced from your website and social media accounts to create your online Chinese profile. Any requests to change the information contained in your online profile can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
All copyright in any information, text, materials, graphics and software (“Content”) on this Site is owned by the Institute of Advanced Business Studies. The Content is protected by both Australian and International copyright laws.
All names, logos and trademarks are the property of the Institute of Advanced Business Studies. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right of use of any trademark displayed on the Site without the prior express written permission of the Institute of Advanced Business Studies. To become a licensee of the certified “Welcome Friends” [“欢迎你 朋友”], please click here.
Where licensees have included images, logos, text and other information in their listing of licensed products, the copyright of these are the property of the relevant licensee.
Restrictions on Use
You must not: (1) copy, modify, republish, transmit or distribute the Content in any form unless you receive prior written authorisation from the Institute of Advanced Business Studies; or (2) use the Site in any manner or for any purpose which is unlawful or in any manner which violates any right of the Institute of Advanced Business Studies or which is prohibited by the Terms and Conditions.
Use of the Intellectual property to promote the business, educate the business employees and assist the customers and business staff to communicate is provided on a 12 month period from the date of the 12 month package being purchased by the Business.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Institute of Advanced Business Studies makes no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the content of this site. The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and certain corresponding state legislation and similar New Zealand legislation imply terms, conditions and warranties into some contracts for the supply of goods and services and prohibit the exclusion, restriction and modification of such terms (“prescribed terms”).
Except as provided by prescribed terms, all terms, conditions and warranties express or implied by custom, law or statute in any way relating to access to, or non-access to, this site or your use of, or reliance upon, this site or the contents hereof are hereby excluded. The Institute of Advanced Business Studies does not warrant expressly or impliedly that your access to the site (or any site linked in any way to this site) will be uninterrupted or error free. The Institute of Advanced Business Studies does not warrant expressly or impliedly that any defects will be corrected or that the site (or any site linked in any way to this site) or the server which stores and transmits content to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components.
Limitation of Liability
Except as provided by the Prescribed Terms, Institute of Advanced Business Studies shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages including but not limited to loss of profits arising out of your access to, or inability to access, this Site or your use of, or reliance upon, this Site or the Content hereof. In addition, the Institute of Advanced Business Studies has no duty to update this Site or the Content hereof and Institute of Advanced Business Studies shall not be liable for any failure to update such information.
The Institute of Advanced Business Studies disclaims all warranties with regard to the content of or otherwise relating to other websites or resources linked in any way to this Site. Any links to a third party site are provided for convenience only. The Institute of Advanced Business Studies is not responsible for and makes no representations concerning the condition and content of our products offered at the third party site. A link does not indicate, expressly or impliedly, that the Institute of Advanced Business Studies endorses the site or the products or services offered there. Your access to any linked site and use of any products and services offered there is at your own risk.
Social Media Policy
All conversations and posts should be constructive, respectful, and contain language that is appropriate for all groups and ages. We, therefore, reserve the right to disallow comments that:
– are obscene, indecent, profane, or vulgar
– contain threats or personal attacks of any kind
– contain offensive terms directed to ethnic or racial groups
– are defamatory, libellous or contain ad hominem attacks
– promote or endorse a product or service that is not licensed to use the “Welcome Friends” Logo
– are excessively repetitive or constitute SPAM
Comments that do not adhere to the above guidelines will be removed. In cases of repeat offences, we will take action to block offenders from the page.
Please note our moderators do their best to ensure this policy is adhered to fairly and consistently. If you would like to report abuse, spam, fake profiles, etc. please refer to Facebook’s guidance on this. Also, know that you can always report any individual comment as “abuse” or “spam” by scrolling over the comment and clicking on the “x” in the upper right corner.
Any disputes relating to the Content or otherwise relating to this Site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.
Licence and Service Fees
Licence and service fees are published on the website and are payable through the online-purchase store on the website.
- Payments are made by credit card to the Institute of Advanced Business Studies through the online payment gateway provided by Stripe. These options have been selected by the Institute of Advanced Business Studies as a simple and straightforward mechanism for Customers.
- Customers are billed based on a pay as you go basis. Customers pay for a full 12 month service in advance using the payment gateway described in i. above.
- Promotional codes (offered from time to time) that may offer a customer discount for prospective customers of the Institute of Advanced Business Studies will apply only to the first payment made to facilitate your subscription service.
- Debits will automatically be drawn on the annual renewal date unless you choose to cease the arrangement by notifying us of your intention to do so by contacting us through our website contact page link.
- Where a Distribution Partner has provided the Member with a Promotional Code to access a special Customer offer, the applicable discount will only apply to the fee for the first 12 months of use. From the second year onwards the applicable Fee for the selected package shall be applied.
- No refunds will be given for any subscription service once payment has been made except under circumstances provided for under applicable Australian Consumer Protection Law. The full text of the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) is set out in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (previously known as the Trade Practices Act 1974 (TPA)).
- Where a debit fails to run, due to insufficient funds, card expiry or any other reason, your subscription service may be suspended pending payment.
In order to facilitate a timely cancellation of your subscription service, you must notify Institute of Advanced Business Studies of your intention to cancel your subscription service by notifying us via our contact form available on the website. You must allow three business days to facilitate such a request.
The Institute of Advanced Business Studies is not required under its rules to refund licence fee payments. However, where a genuine mistake has been made (e.g., overpayment), or in certain other circumstances as judged appropriate by the Institute of Advanced Business Studies, a refund of the relevant amount will be provided.
The Institute of Advanced Business Studies may at any time in its absolute discretion revise any or all of the Terms and Conditions. By continuing to use this Site after any revisions are made you are bound by such revisions.
The Institute of Advanced Business Studies, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to monitor and remove postings and discontinue site availability at any time without notice. If any term, condition, or provision of these Terms & Conditions is determined to be unlawful, invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms, conditions and provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby. These Terms & Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Institute of Advanced Business Studies relating to the subject matter herein.
By using this site, you are acknowledging your consent to the foregoing terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not use this site.